Clients that trust us
What are Extraction Systems for Vapor, Fumes & Odor?
Vapor, Fumes and Odor are extracted by a system that uses a fan to pull fumes and particulate into a filtration system resulting in clean air. Fume or Vapor extractors can use a variety of filters while some systems, use multiple filters in line.
In any industrial process, dealing with the byproducts of production requires almost as much attention as the primary process itself. Even more so with an intangible byproduct like vapor or fumes. Odor emissions can also be quite inconvenient for the surrounding environment and limit operational activities, environmental permits, or future company expansion.
How does Vapor & Fumes Extraction work?
A Vapor Extraction System uses vacuum pressure created by a fan to remove Volatile Organic Compounds and Semi-Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC’s and SVOC’s). It can be compared to a normal vacuum cleaner, except the system is made especially to extract air instead of solid matter.
As vapor and fumes are often invisible and always intangible, there is a need to hire specialist knowledge from an industrial fume extraction manufacturer to exactly investigate air flows and emission points. After carefully investigating the product, process, and exhaust points, a custom design can be made to efficiently extract harmful pollutants away from the production process.
JOA offers custom fume extraction solutions that go beyond the standard options provided by traditional fume extraction manufacturers. We take the time to understand the unique needs of your challenge and tailor our solutions to meet those needs precisely. Our team of experienced engineers and technicians use advanced technology and innovative designs to create highly efficient and effective fume extraction systems. We also provide comprehensive installation, maintenance, and support services to ensure that our systems continue to operate optimally and meet the highest standards of performance and safety.
Why is effective Extraction of Vapor, Fumes & Odor important?
Their effect on the environment, and the people working there, can be profound when they are not dealt with properly. The four most prominent drivers of adequate vapor & fume extraction are as follows.
- Healthy Work Environment
- Depending on the type of particle, the health risks to the operators working the production process can range from mild to very severe. By professionally dealing with the produced vapor and fumes, the company’s primary asset, it’s people, are protected from adverse effects. Read more about Healthy Work Environment
- Explosion Safety
- When the air around the facility becomes combustible or flammable due to a high concentration of particles in the air, EU legislation requires safety precautions to be put in place in the area at risk. This area is called an ex-zone. All production processes with combustible or flammable fumes as a byproduct, have to deal with these mandatory ex-zones around their facility. By efficiently and effectively extracting these flammable or combustible particles, the risk of creating a dangerous atmosphere is reduced and fewer safety precautions are necessary. Read more about Explosion Safety
- Emission Limits & Sustainability (SDG Goals)
- Even non-combustible particles can pose a threat to the environment. Over 45% of all global CO2 emissions are produced by industrial facilities, which makes it our responsibility, to both current and future generations, to limit these emissions as much as possible. Eliminating them close to the source is key.
- Legislation & Compliance
- Production facilities are bound by strict sets of rules concerning emissions, health and safety. These rules stand to become even more strict in the near future. Proper vapor and fume extraction is the only way to ensure a facility stays compliant. Read more about Emission Limits & Compliance
Share your challenge with us and see how we can help you.