JOA Air Solutions develops and builds state-of-the-art Industrial Air Filter solutions for large manufacturers (i.e. DSM, Nestlé, J&J, Cannon, Bayer and many more). To further continue improving solving complex Dust, Vapor and Aerosol challenges, we are looking to expand our team. You will work with specialists who want to change the world with innovative (patented) Air Technology and ground-breaking sustainable solutions. This with focus on exhaust-air emission control, energy recovery and safety. In other words, we deliver smart technology made by smart professionals.n JOA and our customers. With your ‘can do’ mentality, your engineering background and your affinity with business development you are the perfect person to bring customer demand and our sustainable air solutions together. You love to work in an international environment and thanks to your proactive attitude you are on top of developments within the air filter market.
What will you do as an R&D Engineer?
- Lead and execute innovation projects from ideation to commercialization
- Apply high-end physics and identify / evaluate long-term strategic technologies
- Drive the innovation process, research, planning and management of innovation projects
- Work with our Engineers, Designers and (new found) partners to develop concepts
- Create project specifications and quotation documentation
- Create technical specifications for new technology and lead the acceptance tests and sign offs
- Establish metrics to track project effectiveness and success
- Work with vendors to create prototypes and generate proof-of-concepts, with an eye towards commercialization at scale
- Work with engineering and business development on market opportunities and cost analysis
- Coordinate with the project managers to test and qualify innovative solutions
- A passion for new technology. Interested in multidisciplinary projects
- Proven development skills – able to influence and motivate others.
- High Energy, passion for excellence and action
- Understand emerging trends and providing input on prioritizing solutions that ensure JOA’s future growth
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (English & Dutch), including presenting to management; ability to convey complex information in a concise manner to different stakeholders
- Ability to build and maintain strategic relationships, both internally and externally
- Desire to shape the vision and direction of the business and exhibits a commitment to continuous improvement and challenging the status quo
- Team player with an attitude of taking personal responsibility
You will be reporting to our Product Development Director
Education & Experience
- BSc./MSc. in Mechanical Engineering or (Applied) Physics, but candidates with another engineering backgrounds are also invited to apply.
- 3 years industrial experience in Engineering or Innovation (R&D)
- Proven project management experience
What JOA offers
A highly rewarding function in an appealing and constructive environment. Supported by our team, your innovative designs and ideas are translated in realized projects. Good level of total earnings and secondary conditions. Big impact on production processes of multinationals.
To apply, please send your CV and short cover letter to Gerard de Jager, Product Development Director: Gerard.deJager@joa.nl. Please note, only applicants with a valid EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates.
Acquisition from third parties is not appreciated.